Friday, October 31, 2008

It has been exactly one year, to the day, since I last posted.  That's a disgrace to the good and useful nature of blogger.  My new resolution for One lively ghost town, is that I will be able to utilize it in way that will really encourage others to be engaged and give me some feedback.  My only request upon my return is that you all will try to leave me some comments.  I don't care whether or not they are good or bad, just as long as they are honest.  Also feel free to ask questions if you don't understand my reasoning.  I welcome your thoughts and comments, and value your opinions. 

P.S. this is not a sign of weakness


Untitled

Man dreams and pines to take to the sky,
But always has had the power to fly.
We know that we can, so we feel that we must,
But in doing the deed lose our faith, hope, and trust.

We want, we need, we think we feel,
Something so good it must be real,
But desire and love must endure to the end,
Working each one, the other to defend.

I long to pull close every good thing I see,
But God, in his mercy, has a better plan for me.
Better than rubies! We're instructed to seek,
She who is righteous, mild, and meek.

The path of righteousness hath greater worth,
Then any of the pleasures we may find here on earth.


Footnote: When I say, "lose our faith", I'm not implying that we can lose our eternal salvation, but that we lose our general sense of trust in ourselves and the people around us.  




3 comments:

Ma'am Gallahad said...

well, faith and salvation are not the same, now are they? i for one would have got that without the footnote, but i guess a lot of people would not.

its good, i like it. very subtle. one of those ones that you would read in English class where the teacher goes on about all the allusions and such.

i could do a more in-depth critique if its desired, but these comment boxes dont leave a whole lot of room for that.

Daniel said...

Yes. I realized that it sounds kind of simple and happy, but it's really not.

thanks for your thoughts.

itshouldbsummer said...

Like I said when I first read it...
I like it.

Good stuff. Keep writing.